The notable Georgiaville mill complex, on the banks of the Woonasquatucket River was first buit by noted scientist and inventor, Zachariah Allen, in 1853. The original mill was built to better the lives of the people who worked in his mills. The mill was built with indoor toilets - something of a luxury in the 19th century - and a progressive method of construction involving heavy decking and thick beams was used to address the problem of mill fires.
The mill complex consists of six building on 6.2 acres of land. It was placed in the National Register of historic places in 1985.